Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

Transformation Tuesday - Decoupage Metal Tray

I've abandoned my  poor readers too often lately! Travel and to-Do list have made me set aside the blog for a few weeks. Again. But I'm ready to get back in groove and chat with my reader friends again.

It's been forever since we had a Transformation Tuesday post, so this week, I'll be featuring a couple of posts in a row featuring projects from reader mail.

This Transformation Tuesday project comes from Linn at The Home Project. Sometimes, the simplest transformations are the best! She took this sort of tacky tray (my apologies to the state of New Mexico and the manufacturer of this souvenir platter if I have offended you).

Linn took this metal tray from drab to fab and she has the complete tutorial on her blog.
Isn't that pretty? Who knew it could be so awesome! Well, Linn did, obviously.

She says, "I wanted to share a smaller, more manageable project that anybody can do, even if you don't have a lot of tools or supplies: transforming a metal tray with decoupage.

"I picked up this old metal tray at a thrift shop for $1.50 and bought some pretty paper at the craft store with matching paint for the sides. After doing just a little painting, cutting and gluing I have a brand new tray to use for organizing or carrying things!

I love small and doable projects like this that don't take too long and that give instant satisfaction!"

I think I have some old serving trays around here somewhere that could use this transformation!

Thanks for the inspiration Linn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails