Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

Quick Decorating Idea: Furnace Grate and Vintage Window

I wanted to make a small change on my kitchen wall. The wall is the back side of a built-in china hutch and so there is a window peek-through to the dining room below the wall. I had some stuff up, but wanted something less cluttery.

I decided to use on of my vintage window creations, but then couldn't decide what else to add. I scouted around in some of the junk my husband has rescued for me from his scrap metal pile, and saw this grate. It seemed like the right thing to balance out the washboard I was considering for the other side. I like it. At least for now. 
 
I've actually considered painting that wall a darker color, but for now, I'll live with the cream. I love the rusty finish on the grate! I hung it from a drywall screw in the middle since it needed something heavy enough to hold it up. It's very heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails