Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

Basket Makeover- What Would You Have Done?

I have a lot of baskets, but I don't always make good use of them. I received a wooden basket as a gift some time ago, but I thought it was time to spruce it up a little. I found it in my stash when I was looking for something to keep magazines in on my coffee table.
 I'm about to show you what I did with it, since I missed Transformation Tuesday yesterday, but since today is WWYD Wednesday, I thought I'd ask what you might have done with it if it was yours. Leave your ideas in the comments section below. Who knows, I might get tired of this version and try yours someday.

I decided to try weaving torn strips of quilting scraps in and out of the slots.
I wove every other strip the opposite way and then tied them at the top. If the strips weren't long enough, I added another piece with a simple knot where it wouldn't show on the inside of the basket.
 I think it looks nice on my coffee table.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails