Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

Friday Blog Hop

Bright and early Friday morning, I'm heading over to the Twin Cities for the village of Woodbury's annual city wide garage sales. My teen sons and I will spend two days hunting for treasure. What more could I ask for? It's my Mother's Day treat to spend this time with my boys doing what we love to do.

I'm bringing my camera along and a pocket of cash and I can't wait to find things to feature on future Trash to Treasure posts. Woodbury is about an hour and 45 minutes away, so how does a person go about locating the best sales for treasure?

First I searched the Internet and found out which gas stations will have a directory list of sales for purchase. It lists the sales that are participating in the Lions Club annual sales this weekend. I also discovered a few on Craigslist. But there is a brand new site on the web that had others and if you're into trash to treasure decorating, you might find this tool helpful. Since it's still new, I only found a couple of the hundreds of Woodbury sales listed on the tracker. But that's sure to change as the site grows!

 
Garage Sales Tracker is a site for listing garage sales and it offers you the ability to advertise garage sales on the internet. It also features tools that allow prospective buyers to more easily find garage sales. And the best news? It's FREE.

That means you can search for free and list your sale for free! And now, Garage Sales Tracker is offering an application for your iPhone so you can easily search for a sale in your area. 




Follow Friday Blog Hop
In honor of my bargain hunting excursion today, I'd love to see the bargains you've discovered lately. What trash to treasure finds have you added to your collection?

Blog Hop Instructions:
  • Be sure to link to a specific blog post not your home page so that we can find your fab projects easier. 
  • Please mention somewhere on your blog post OR on your twitter account that you're linking up to Trash to Treasure for the blog hop and include a hyperlink to this post. (If you tweet a link please include my twitter name: @trashtotreas)
  • You can even get the code and paste the blog hop on your own blog if you'd like these very same ideas posted for your readers.
With the new Linky Tool (formerly called MckLinky) you'll be able to add a thumbnail of your project if you have a picture on your post, or upload a pic from your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails