Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

What Would You Do Wednesday

I saw these Tiffany style lamps at an antique shop and it made me thing of WWYD Wednesday on T2T. Oh, I know some of you are huge fans of Tiffany style, but it's not really my style (please forgive me). So it got me thinking, what if I owned a lamp this this? How could I change it to fit a different style?

Today on WWYD, I'm wondering what you'd do if you found such a lamp at a resale shop? Would you buy it and use it as is? Or would you change it somehow? Maybe you're an expert and you know that it would absolutely destroy the value of it. We want your input too, since sometimes us trash to treasure people get a little carried away and ruin stuff for good. Think painted antique dressers and you know what I mean.

Tell us in the comments section below what you'd do with a Tiffany lamp. I'll choose my favorite idea and post the name of the winner next week. Feel free to include a link to your blog or website in your comments.

8 comments:

  1. If I already had one...(I would not buy one)I would remove all of the glass, paint and shbby it white..then hang all white baby shoes from the bottom rims..or maybe some pretty and frilly hankies...or maybe even both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... that's a hard one. I'm thinking Mod Podge fun scrabook paper on the glass. I'm not sure how it would look on that darker brown glass since it's bumpy... Maybe paint that part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target practice **sorry** it's that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because it would be difficult to disassemble, if I still wanted to use it as a lamp I would cover the dark amber section with individual panels of cellephane in bright colors, "light skins".
    or you could take out the lighting mechanics (electrical) flip it over and use it as a fruit bowl or flower pot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live em! But I'd paint it white or a light light green and rub it back! Go shabby on it a***! and then leave the glass as is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wondering if a terrarium could be fashioned from it....turn it upside down, and supported and stabilized, then after adding soil and appropriate plants, cover with a clear piece of glass....just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Use a paint of colors that would blend with the brown, a touch of orange maybe, distress it a bit and use it as it is.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails