Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

More Hardwood Floor Treasure

Yesterday, I posted about the hardwood treasure beneath the horrible carpet in my house. Here's an updated picture of how the room turned out.
Before

After

It's a small room, but so peaceful. As you can see, I decided to paint the damaged closet doors white. Even with stain blocking primer, they took multiple coats of paint. I'm thinking they had been oiled with something like Liquid Gold in the past. I painted all of the trim white and the walls a light green color. 

Can you believe that the only cost in this makeover was paint for the walls and trim and polyurethane for the floor? That's under $40 to make over whole room!

My mom found the comforter set at a yard sale and it matched the walls perfectly. The decoration above the bed is just an old window with a string of artificial berries added. Trash to treasure decorating sure leaves more room for other treasure in my budget! 

I'm linking up to these blogs this week:

3 comments:

  1. Magical Michelle!!!! It is so peaceful, I want to crawl up in that bed! Lucky finding that hardwood! I have a "newer" house and can't wait to get my carpet up and put wood down. I have a pretty busy schedule this week so, I don't think I can get any projects completed, but I will live vicariously through you! Have fun, Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic--so fresh, bright, and clean. I really love the window above the bed. Way to go on keeping it to $40.00. That is always a big accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails