Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

What Would You Do Wednesday - Vintage Window

I'm working on these windows and I have a question for my readers. First, let me tell you what I've done so far. I painted chalkboard paint in the "bottom" panes of this very old French door and I've decoupaged decorator paper on the backside of the upper windows. I'm using the door sideways, so I've left the original hinges on the side to use as hangers for the artwork.

Now here's my debate.

Should I add numbers 1-5 in the upper panes with vinyl lettering as an accent? Or should I leave them as is? The glass in the top can be written on with dry erase marker, but since I have chalkboard on the bottom, I'm not sure it's necessary to worry about writing on them. 

So, what would you do? Blank or numbers.

4 comments:

  1. My vote is to leave it the way it is. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. numbers or you can do days like monday-friday and it can kind of be a calendar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you through your interview over on Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom! What a great blog with some fantastic ideas! Love this window upcycle - personally I think it looks great as is!
    I'm following you now and looking forward to reading of more transformations!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be great in a restaurant! Do you want to open one? It's a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails