Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

Transformation Tuesday - Garden Rake Turned Wall Hanging

I confess, I have an addiction to rake heads. I picked up my first one for $1 at a thrift sale and brought it home to see if I could come up with something to do with it. I hung it on the wall and put some dried flowers and a few garden tools on it. Later, I would add it to one of my window art creations.
Then I bought another one at a yard sale. This time, I hung a mini quilt on it and used the top part for a picture easel.
You'd think that was enough, but no. I had to buy yet another one for $1 at a recent yard sale. I'm not even sure where I'll put it, but isn't he a cute little critter? I love how when I hung it on the cabinet to take a picture, the knobs looked like eyes.
It was kind of funny. The man at the yard sale ran after me after I bought it and said, "Ma'am, we have some handles over here that I forgot about. Would you like one for that?"d I just smiled and told him, no, I wouldn't be using the rake for that which it was intended. 

No indeed. That isn't how we Trash to Treasure transformers roll. We take stuff and turn it into something the original designer never dreamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails