Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

Transformation Tuesday- Reader Idea


Today's Transformation Tuesday project comes from reader Jane Oetterer. She sent me photos and directions for a project she recently completed. When Jane had a chair that was beyond usefulness, she transformed it by taking it apart and recycling the pieces.

Jane says, "I had an awesome old chair that wasn't structurally sound, so I dismantled it.  I zig-zag sewed together the seat support strips in a weaved pattern.  Then I hand sewed on rope around the edge.  I'm kind of simple in style, so I left it plain.  But I think a valentine theme word could be attached to it, but I'd hate to take away from the antique beauty and hand written markings.  A tip to others: I see you can purchase this material at walmart in the sewing trim and lace section now! Sorry, I don't know what the material is called."

Anyone know what those strips are called? Jane and I would really like to know!
Check out these photos Jane took of the project:
Thanks for sharing Jane! I love it!

If enjoyed seeing Jane's project and you have an idea you'd like to share with my readers, just shoot me an e-mail and include a couple of photos.

--Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Those strips are called "webbing". They used to be used to redo patio chair. I also use them as straps when I make tote bags.

    Love what you've done with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my idea! I looked at Walmart and it's called "jute".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a great idea. Thank you for sharing. I hopped over here from Messy Cars and Muddy Shoes.
    You'll find me at www.lifeloveandlaughterinalargefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails