Content from this blog now appears on www.michellerayburn.com

t

What to Do With Old Ladders

What Would You Do With This Wednesday #7
This week, it's your turn to brainstorm ways to decorate with an old ladder. It could be a whole step ladder that's too weak for normal use, or a weathered piece of an old extension ladder. Are there some ways to make it more modern and less country? Or does such a piece lend itself only to a country decor?
I found the above pieces of ladder at an antique/ junk store. But maybe you have one that looks more like this:
What would you do? Share your ideas below using the MckLinky tool. I'll name the "winning" (my favorite) idea next week. Sorry, I can't afford prizes, but I'll twitter and tweet about your tremendous creativity.  

Check out last week's WWYD about old chairs. Jill S. from Live to Read to Live had the most creative idea. She suggested, "Use it for an outdoor washing station. Hang chair so seat is 30 - 36 from ground. Fit a small bar sink into the opening of missing seat attach a mirror in the chair back space. Now you have a gardener's clean - up station." Great idea Jill!

Update 3-31-2010
It was tough choosing a winner this week. The ideas were all great! Thanks for linking up. My favorite idea arrived via e-mail from Jen. I'd love a ladder pot rack. But a very close runner up idea came from confessionsofacurbshopaholicblogspot.com Thanks Rose! I can't wait to see what she does with her new site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails